2023 Enrollment Dates
Class Starts on March 6, 2023
Monday thru Thursday 8:30am – 1:30pm
Monday thru Thursday 5:00pm – 10:00pm
What Does a medical office administrative Do?
Medical office administration encompasses all of the managerial and support roles that provide administrative services in a medical office setting, including records and billing clerks, receptionists, office managers, and administrative assistants. The following article discusses the roles and responsibilities in medical office administration.
Typical duties in medical office administration include:
- Diagnosis and procedure coding
- Maintaining records
- Scheduling appointments and procedures
- Ordering supplies and equipment
- Medical transcription
- Insurance filing and billing
Where Do Medical Office Administrators Work?
Medical office administrators work in physicians' offices, medical clinics, long-term care facilities, hospitals, and many other healthcare service settings. They are responsible for front office duties, including tasks ranging from answering phones and greeting patients to managing health records and transcribing medical documents. Some of the work requires specialized skills, such as the usage of medical terminology or medical coding.
What are the Admission Requirements ?
- At least 18 years old
- Copy Valid California ID and Social Security Card
- High School Diploma or GED (If USA graduate, HS copy) If foreign graduate, need to complete GLOBAL SERVICES EVALUATION information – available in front desk
- Must take and pass the Scholastic Level Exam (SLE TEST) prior to registration
- Physical Examination (form available at the admission department) and TB test done no later than 60 days prior to enrollment; Chest X-ray if history of positive PPD no more than 1 year
- Immunization records of: COVID-19, Hep B Vaccine, MMR, Varicella, Tetanus
- Physical Exam, immunization records & TB Test or Chest X-Ray (to be submitted within the 3 rd day of class)
How long does it take to complete the medical office administrative program ?
What types of courses are taught ?
Students pursuing a medical office administration certificate gain an understanding of medical terminology, basic bookkeeping principles specific to the medical industry, and medical billing and coding.
- Medical Legal Issues
- HIPAA Regulations
- Workplace Ethics
- Medical Office Terms
- Management Skills
- Insurance Billing
Where can I take my Classes ?
Classes for the Medical Office Administrative Program is taught at our school campus located at 1225 West 190th Street, Suite 375 Gardena, California 90248.